Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A shout-out to the wonderful Carol Lam (Stanford Law Class of 1985)

As I was reading the morning's paper, I noticed this news item: Former CIA Official, Contractor Indicted, along with a picture of U.S. Attorney Carol Lam. Carol was the U.S. Attorney in San Diego responsible for the prosecution of Randy "Duke" Cunningham. She's quoted in this post at ABC.com as saying, "'High government positions and powerful connections should not be tickets to corrupt self-enrichment.'"

She's also one of the U.S. Attorneys recently asked to resign, although she's behaved very professionally about that.

I remember her from law school--extremely smart and talented in several ways, with gravitas and yet a friendly manner. I liked her then; I like and respect her even more these days.

I have no idea what she's going to do next, but I'm hoping that the folks at her next post value her for what she brings to the table and for what she's done for all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know the status of Nancy Cunningham? Will she face jail time? When will they ever investigate her 2002 employment at the US Department of Education where she was involved in millions of dollars of computer contracts?